How to Install Your WordPress Theme Novice Novice tutorials require no prior knowledge of any specific web programming language.
Here is a step by step tutorial on how to install your new WordPress theme:
- Download the theme-name-parent.zip file from your ThemeFuse account (or Envato account if you've purchased the theme from ThemeForest.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard (Ex: http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin).
- Go to Appearance > Themes.
- On the next page, click the Add New button and then Upload Theme.
- Choose the downloaded theme-name-parent.zip and press the Install Now button.
- In the next screen, click on the Activate link.
- After the activation, you'll be redirected to the Auto Setup page. Choose one of the 2 auto install methods or skip the auto install all together.
- You'll be redirected to the Demo Content Install page. Here you can install the demo content in order to make the theme look exactly like the one you see on our live preview. Press the Install button.
We have used the Philanthropy theme as an example but the install process is exactly the same for all our WordPress themes built on our Unyson Framework.
Our themes work only for self-hosted WP.org users since the WP.com doesn't work with premium themes. More about self-hosted WordPress (WordPress.org) and WordPress.com in this article.