Add a New Page Novice Novice tutorials require no prior knowledge of any specific web programming language.
In order to create a new page you should follow the below guidelines:
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard (Ex: http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin)
- Click the Pages tab
- Click the Add New sub-tab
- Start filling in the blanks:
- Title: introduce in the upper field the title of your page
- Content: enter any information you want to display on your page
You must complete at least the title field to successfully create a page. Avoid using the same title twice as that will cause confusions!
As needed, you also may fill in the following fields:
- Page Attributes: allows you to set page parents and templates, and to change the order of your pages
- Image: add an image that is relevant for your blog post
- Author: select your name from the drop-down menu
- Slug: edit the blog post URL
In the right sidebar by default, your new page will be Draft. If you want to wait to publish your page, check the Pending Review option. If you want to publish immediately, select Published.
- You may want to click Preview button that allows you to view the page before officially publishing it.
It is possible to publish your page at a future date and time. Learn more about Future Publishing.
- When you are ready, click Publish. Your page should now be published in your website unless you've set a future publication date.