Add a Slider to a Page Novice Novice tutorials require no prior knowledge of any specific web programming language.
In this video we have used Cloud Host as an example but the process of adding and editing sliders is the same for all our WordPress themes built on our Fuse Framework. Note that some sliders might not have all the options presented in this video.
In order to create a new slider let’s follow the below guidelines:
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard (Ex: http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin)
- Go to the Sliders panel and click the Add New button.
- In the Add New Slider screen you should set the general settings:
- Slider Type: you should choose the slider type (different themes have different slider options)
- Slider Population Method: you can upload the images manually or let the slider fetch the images automatically from posts
- Slider Title: enter a title (for internal use only. It will not be visible by the user)
- Click the Create Slider button to save your changes
Depending on the type of Population Method you choose, the editing Slider process goes differently! The Slider Type and Population Method can't be changed after the slider is created. You'll need to create another slider to have a different Type or Population Method.
How to manually add and edit slides
In the Add/Edit Slides section fill in the text boxes
- Title: is shown on the image and will be visible by the users
- Subtitle: appears on the image and will be visible by the users
- Link: when you click the title or subtitle the link will be loaded
- List: this list of features will be displayed on the image
- Upload Image: you should upload the need image to be displayed on your slides
Then, click Add Slide button
- Add additional slides and save by clicking the Save Slider button from the bottom of the page
- Add your new slider to a specific page by going to Pages > About us > and then click the Edit link
- Go to Header section down the page and find the Slider field. Select your slider from the list.
- Click the Update button from the top-right of the page to save the changes
- Now you can view your page to see the newly created slider