How to Install Your WordPress Theme Novice Novice tutorials require no prior knowledge of any specific web programming language.
Here is a step by step tutorial on how to install your new WordPress theme:
- Download the the-core-parent.zip file from your ThemeFuse account (or Envato account if you've purchased the theme from ThemeForest.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard (Ex: http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin).
- Go to Appearance > Themes.
- On the next page, click the Add New button and then Upload Theme.
- Choose the downloaded the-core-parent.zip and press the Install Now button.
- In the next screen, click on the Activate link.
- After the activation, you'll be redirected to the Auto Setup page. Choose one of the 2 auto install methods or skip the auto install all together.
- You'll be redirected to the Demo Content Install page. On this page, you can choose what demo content you want to install. Press the Install button for the theme you want.
Our themes work only for self-hosted WP.org users since the WP.com doesn't work with premium themes. More about self-hosted WordPress (WordPress.org) and WordPress.com in this article.