Compatible Plugins Novice Novice tutorials require no prior knowledge of any specific web programming language.
WordPress Plugins have the function to improve or add new features to your website. They include php scripts that develop the functionality of WordPress. Usually, WordPress Plugins are optional, however, there are few plugins that we made compatible with this theme. Some of them are required in order for the theme to work as intended and some of them are quality of live plugins :
- Unyson Framework * - the backbone of your WordPress theme. Without it, you will not be able to use most of the features this theme comes with like visual page builder, SEO settings, analytics and more. This will automatically install with the theme.
- Revolution Slider * - a premium plugin that comes free with this theme (usually $19). A very powerful and popular Slider Module. This will automatically install with the theme.
- Layer Slider * - a premium plugin that comes free with this theme (usually $18). Used to build some of the sliders from the theme. This will automatically install with the theme.
- WooCommerce - brings shopping functionality to the table (one of the most popular WordPress eCommerce plugins).
- bbPress - a forum or bulletin board software plugin. It doesn't install with the theme, you'll need to install it for yourself, but all the styling of the pages is there once the bbPress is installed and activated.
- BuddyPress - a plugin that helps you run any kind of social network on your WordPress, with member profiles, activity streams, user groups, messaging, and more. It doesn't install with the theme, you'll need to install it for yourself, but all the styling of the pages is there once the BuddyPress is installed and activated.
- Give - is one of the most robust WordPress plugin available for accepting donations. Give provides you with powerful features towards helping your raise more funds for your cause.
- Contact Form 7 - can manage multiple contact forms, you can customize the form and the mail contents with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and more.
- Yoast SEO - the most popular SEO plugin out there with more than 3 million active installs. It helps you write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress website.
- MailChimp for WordPress - subscribe your WordPress site visitors to your MailChimp lists.
- LifterLMS - a powerful WordPress LMS plugin that makes it easy to create, sell, and protect engaging online courses. The mission of LifterLMS is to democratize education in the digital classroom.
If you choose to install one of our demos the mandatory plugins (the ones marked with a red * above) will be installed automatically. If you choose to start from scratch and not install one of our demos, you'll need to install all the plugins yourself (not recommended). The Unyson framework is a must in order for your theme to work as intended. The other plugins are installed based on the theme that you choose to activate. If you choose a theme that has shopping functionality then the WooCommerce plugin will automatically install or if you choose a charity theme, the Give plugin will automatically install and so on.
Here is a generic video that will help you understand how to install, activate and delete a plugin:
You can install plugins in one of two ways:
- Go to the Plugins menu. Here you'll find a list with all your Installed Plugins.
- Click the Add New button from the top to go to the Add Plugins page.
- Use the Search to find the plugin you want to install and click the Install Now button.
- After the installation is done click the Activate Plugin button.
- Download the WordPress plugin that you want from WordPress.org.
- On the Add New page click the Upload Plugin button on the top.
- Upload your plugin.
- Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins and activate your newly uploaded Plugin by clicking the Activate Plugin button.