How to regenerate the image sizes needed for this theme Novice Novice tutorials require no prior knowledge of any specific web programming language.
If you are using this theme with your existing image content from your previous website, you'll have to regenerate all the image sizes needed for this theme. This needs to be done only once for the images that are already on your server, all the new uploaded images will be taken care of automatically. Here is how to do it:
- Go to Plugins > Add New in the main menu.
- Search for Regenerate Plugins and hit Enter. The plugin we are looking for should appear first in the search results.
- Install and Activate the plugin.
- Go to Tools > Regen. Thumbnails in the main menu and click the Regenerate All Thumbnails button.
- Wait for the plugin to do its thing.
- You don't need the plugin again, go to Plugins > Installed Plugins in the main menu and Deactivate then Delete the plugin.
You may still see images on your website that are not resized accordingly or stretched. This is not because the plugin didn't do the job, but because the original image it resized was not large enough (resolution wise). What you need to do is upload that image again in a larger resolution.