The Footer Novice Novice tutorials require no prior knowledge of any specific web programming language.
Go to Appearance > Theme Settings. Locate the footer settings under Footer. The footer is composed of 3 areas as follows:
- The Footer Widgets - where you could display different widgets from Appearance > Widgets.
- The Menu Bar - used to display a footer menu navigation.
- The Copyright Area - where you can display your footer social icons and the copyright text.
The footer widgets options
- Footer Widgets - select YES to enable the footer widgets to be displayed.
- Number of Columns - lets you choose between 3 or 4 columns.
- Background - select the background for your widget area.
- Titles Color - use this option to change the titles color.
- Body Text Color - any body text in the widgets will have the color set here.
Learn how can set the widgets that appear in the footer from this article.
The menu bar options
- Menu Bar - lets you enable the footer menu bar.
- Footer Menu - choose if you want a navigation menu displayed on the Menu Bar.
You can set this navigation menu from Appearance > Menus. Note that only the top level items will be displayed. Learn how to set a navigation menu for the footer from this article.
- Footer Logo - lets you add a logo on your menu bar. You can choose the position of the logo on the menu bar and the navigation menu will adjust accordingly.
- Background - select the background for your menu bar.
- Menu Color - lets you choose the menu links color.
The copyright area options
- Footer Socials - select YES to enable the footer social icons.
Your social icons need be set from General > Social Profiles. Learn how to add/edit your social links from this article.
- Copyright - use this field to input the copyright on the footer bottom bar.
- Position - the copyright position. Based on your selection here, the social icons will be positioned accordingly. Play with the choices to see what suits your needs best.
- Background Color - the bottom bar background color.
- Social Icons Color - your social icons color.
The copyright can't be turned off.